My name is Allie Gator. I think we’ve met before, but I thought it was time that I tell you a little bit about myself, so here are 10 interesting things about me.
1) I’m a black pug. Black pugs are superior to fawn pugs. My mom said so. Boney said that Grandma (my mom) did not say that, but I KNOW I heard her say that at least once. Because I’m black, you can’t see my hairs all over her pants like you can Boney’s. Therefore, black pugs are superior.
2) I like treats…and I’m not afraid to let you know it. I get treats for going outside. Treats for being a good girl. Treats for going on a walk. Wait – I just realized I don’t get treats when visiting my brother and sister-in-law. What’s up with that? No wonder Boney is so thin.
3) I like to go for walks. I’m pretty fast for a pug. I can keep up with big long legged dogs with no problem. I like to go for walks with Moby. I don’t like to go for walks with Boney.
4) I hate to admit it, but I have Boney to thank for my adoption. Actually, my sister Betsy is the one that found me and told our mom about me, but if my mom hadn’t been in love with Boney first, I probably wouldn’t have been adopted.
5) I don’t like to kiss. My sister-in-law, Miranda, says that I have a broken licker. I don’t know what that means. I just don’t like to kiss. Don’t take it personally. I mean, how do I know where your face has been? Why should I want to lick it?
6) I can be anti-social sometimes. I’m a gorgeous pug. But I didn’t get this way by being all hyperactive and crazy. I need my beauty rest. And sometimes that means curling up in a different room than everyone else. Sometimes it’s in my kennel, sometimes in a chair, sometimes in a sun beam. Don’t be offended because I don’t get up to see you – I’m just preserving my good looks.
7) I have a vacation home. Although I really like it there, I hope my parents realize I like my real home better. I overheard my sister-in-law “jokingly” say that maybe they should just keep me. I “jokingly” peed on the bed to prove my point that my real home is nicer.
8) Sometimes I wish I were any only child. don’t get me wrong, I like my brothers and sister and their families, but sometimes I wish that it were just me and mom (oh, and dad) all day every day. This might stem from the fact that I’m not a great sharer. I don’t like to share mom’s lap. I don’t like to share mom’s snacks or meals. And I don’t like to share my toys with the 2 or 4 legged grandchildren.
9) I’m a great snuggler. It’s one of my specialties. You can hold me in any position – as long as you are holding me and snuggling, I don’t care. I make noises when I snuggle against someone’s face. Kind of like a cooing.
10) I’m 1.5 years younger than Boney, but I have more grey hair. Actually, I’m not sure that’s true. It’s just that my grey hair shows up more than his because I’m darker to start with. Mom says that it’s not good for pugs to get their hair dyed or I would do something about. I mean – no ladies want their greys to show through. I’ve been told that it give me a classic look, so I guess it’s not that bad.
I’d love to hear some interesting things about you!