Posted by Brutus
I have certain rules that mom and dad (or anyone else looking after me) must follow. I like to continually add to the rules so that I know they are paying attention.
1) I need something to eat at 3:00 a.m. every morning. I’d prefer a scoop of food on the floor but most anything will do.
2) Breakfast time is between 3:30 and 4 (depending on the size of my 3:00 snack). It is only breakfast if Boney and Dixie are awakened and eat at the same time. Breakfast must be in my bowl, but hand fed to me.
3) Nap time is immediately following breakfast. I don’t care if by this time you are wide awake – my tummy is now full and I will take my nap on the couch leaving you little room to sit down.
4) Between 5:30 and 6:00, I will wake you up (because most likely you finally fell asleep a few minutes ago) to get my vitamins.
5) The rest of your day can go as planned as long as there are plenty of breaks for snacks.
6) Dinner time will be between 4:30 and 5:00. Immediately following my dinner, you will find something to eat and be sure that I get my fair share of it as well.
7) I cannot go to bed without a snack. That snack MUST come from dad. Any snacks from anyone else are just that snacks – not bedtime snacks. (The only exception to this rule is if dad is not home; if that is the case, my snack must be larger than usual.)