Like several of you out there, I enjoy feeding my four legged family members nothing but the best. I haven’t always been so good to my own body though.
I’ve recently started CrossFit and with it, am doing a 6 week Paleo challenge. Basically that means no grains, no dairy, no sugar, no beans, no, no, no. Ugh! I’ve been though a pescatarian diet before but never one where I can’t eat my own baked goods. And no cheese? Please!?!
Yummmmm….that looks good. And guess what? Totally paleo friendly! A banana carrot muffin, bacon wrapped date, and coconut macaroon.
The banana carrot muffin and bacon wrapped date recipes are from paleoplan.com. The coconut macaroon recipe needs some tweaking before I post it, but I promise I WILL post it (if you’re interested). I have to say that with the paleo challenge, I’ve lost 10 lbs so far! I still have at least 15 to go, but that’s a pretty good start!
Do you have any favorite “good for you” snacks?
Lately, I’ve been missing my big brother. I think it’s because mom talks about him ALL the time, like he was the best thing since
sliced bread sweet potato chews. I figured since she loved him so much, I’d try to be a little more like him.
Step one: beg from the table.
Step two: eat from Boney’s bowl before my own.
Step three: lay on the couch and pass gas (I must have done a good job because Mom thought it was Boney and blamed him!)
Step four: tuck my nose in behind the pillow (this was Brutus’ favorite way to lay and I can see why – I don’t even smell my stinky gas!)
I think I am doing a pretty good job impersonating Brutus, but mom said she loves me just the way I am so I guess I’ll go back to being myself tomorrow.
Do you ever do anything to make your mom or dad extra happy?
The new dining room table!!
I am super excited about how it turned out. It took a
little lot longer than planned, but that was due to some scheduling conflicts on our part and an inability to plan before we started on the project.
I can’t wait to have my first dinner party! When are you coming over?
Here it is, January 20 and I’ve already broken one of my blog resolutions. January and February are crazy busy for me at work and as a result I have slacked (again) on the blog front.
But…I have something really exciting in the works as far as a DIY project. A new dining room table!! We started on it last weekend and had hoped to have it done already, but we took a wrong turn and had to backtrack.
Here it is in the back of my father in laws pickup:
Here is the example that we’re using to build ours:
I PROMISE I’ll post pictures as soon as its in my house (hopefully Tuesday of this week!)
Mom has this strange addiction to Molly Mutt beds. I don’t blame her as they are super comfy. But, they were really starting to take up a lot of room on my floor. That meant less room for me to spread all my toys out, so I asked her to clean up a little bit.
Her solution was to put my bed under the coffee table. At first I was like “What the heck are you thinking? That’s ridiculous!” But then I realized that I’m the only one that can fit there, so I was like “Clubhouse!!”
Mom likes to call it my man cave. I go there when there are no laps available or when I don’t feel like jumping up on he couch. It’s actually kind of cool, but I don’t want it to go to moms head that she has a good idea!
Do you have a special place that you like to lay? Teller about it!
I know, we’re already a week in to the new year. But we’ve had a lot going on! I am going to set some goals for this year for this blog, for me and for the dogs.
1) Try to blog at least once a week. I love following all the other dog blogs that are out there and to me, they are so much more interesting than us!
2) Teach Dixie to walk better on a leash. Now that we are down to a 2 dog household, we have made it a habit to every morning and every evening before breakfast and dinner to go for a walk. However, we have one dog out front (Dixie) and one dog bringing up the back (Boney) with us between. Ideally, we’d like to all walk together as a family and be able to have a conversation. Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but we’re going to give it a try.
3) Take more picture. With one of us (Joe) having a profession as a photographer, I tend to think that we should have more than enough pictures to go around. Not true. And I’m still one of those people that likes to have more photos of everyone and everything than I’ll ever need. I think I get that from my dad. So, I’m going to try to have my phone handy to take all the pictures to document the things (and make this blog more interesting!) that I think we should remember.
4) Leave more comments on others blogs. I know how much delight it brings me when I get a comment from someone (there is someone reading this!), so I can only imagine that the feeling is mutual on the other end.
5) It doesn’t have to be all about the dogs. Granted, they are more interesting than me (at least, in my eyes), but I think I’ll take a cue from Our Waldo Bungie and Wayward Dogs and stray from the every day has to be about a dog scenario. We do lots of DIY stuff, travel and cook – so why not blog about that too?
So…consider this my post for the week. I now have 7 days to write another Happy New Year to all of you and thanks for looking at this from time to time!